About Me

I am a writer and communications + media consultant. I help businesses and not-for-profit organizations with their corporate communications and media relations. I am also a freelance journalist and write for local newspapers and magazine. Working on a novel and a screenplay for far longer than I would like to admit, I hope to write until I am 99-years-old. Then, maybe I will retire!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bethune House Visitor Centre construction continues...


...but there seems to be a slow down in the construction as of late. Water & sewer piping have appeared on the site and there's a couple of beautiful stone pillars being constructed in the center of the structure, but not much else happening. From what Bethune House staff have told me, they hope to have the entire structure up before winter and work inside to finish it off during the winter.
The engineer, Gayle Stiver (who has worked on some other buildings around town) tells me that there were some earlier delays due to issues with gas leaks - not sure of the source. The weather is turning cold (downright blustery here now - it feels like snow any day now!) so they better get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.