About Me

I am a writer and communications + media consultant. I help businesses and not-for-profit organizations with their corporate communications and media relations. I am also a freelance journalist and write for local newspapers and magazine. Working on a novel and a screenplay for far longer than I would like to admit, I hope to write until I am 99-years-old. Then, maybe I will retire!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bethune House Visitor Centre

Despite the tough times of late in our little town of Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada, there is always some good news to report! And for now, the good news is about the new Bethune Visitor Centre under construction just a block from my house.

This property, owned by Parks Canada (the federal government) honours the life and work of Dr. Norman Bethune, born in our town in 1890 - and quite a remarkable life he led! (more on that later). The Bethune House new Visitor Centre has been under construction for the past few months and I've been taking progression shots.

I'm not alone in saying I'm so happy that it is finally underway. We really need a Visitor Centre that has a better capacity to educate people about Dr. Bethune's life and accomplishments. Thank you to our Member of Parliament Tony Clement and Bethune House Site Manager Scott Davidson, who have been working for years to finally make this happen.

I will be posting (DONE - check the Picasa Photo Album) the pictures I've taken once things calm down abit here, it's been another hectic season in Muskoka!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.